Here are my predictions for 2012:
1. NASA’s next rover Curiosity will become self-aware before reaching Mars and discover it has a knack for puns and knock knock jokes, much to the chagrin of scientists.
2. The Apple TV will be released, however, all programming must meet Apple’s rigorous media guidelines and be delivered through their new Media Store.
3. The U.S. will hold a second election in December 2012 after no one is satisfied with the results of the November election.
4. The sun will finally shine in that place where it doesn’t.
5. Camel racing will be introduced at the 2012 summer olympic games in London.
6. Iran will figure out how to fully control the drone they captured, only to have it destroyed on take-off by the Stuxnet virus.
7. To go with pizza as a vegetable, the U.S. Congress will declare beer a serving of grains.
8. Ignoring complaints by Canadians, Canada will officially be named the 51st state.
9. Someone will invent a tape dispenser that only requires one hand to use.
10. Peter Jackson will begin post Hobbit work on King Kong 2.
I sure hope number 9 happens.
Happy New Year!